This glazed pound cake has a hint of grapefruit.
Glazed Grapefruit Pound Cake
Write a review
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice, divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly whisk flour mixture into yogurt mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 44 to 48 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1⁄3 cup grapefruit juice and remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Slowly pour grapefruit juice mixture over warm cake in pan, and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, ginger, and remaining 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Store, covered, for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!