Serve this delectable Glazed Lemon Pound Cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Makes 1 (8-inch) loaf cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: lemon zest
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, lemon zest, and extract. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1½ hours. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon milk. Drizzle onto cooled cake, and garnish with lemon zest, if desired. Serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!