The thin skin of the clementine means you can use the whole fruit for maximum flavor in this cake.
Glazed Clementine Cake
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
Write a review
- 3 clementines
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon clementine zest
- ¼ cup fresh clementine juice
- Garnish: clementine wedges, fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper; spray paper with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- For batter: Place whole clementines in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap, and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer clementines to the container of a blender, discarding any juice in bowl, and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a mixer at high speed for 5 minutes or until mixture is pale yellow and almost doubled in volume. Whisk in puréed clementine. Stir in almond flour and next 4 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Pour glaze onto cake, and
- garnish with clementine wedges and mint, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!