Enjoy these Glazed Cherry-Lime Pound Cakes with a tall glass of milk or a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Glazed Cherry-Lime Pound Cakes
Makes 2 (9-inch) loaf cakes
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime zest, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pitted fresh cherries
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Garnish: fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon lime zest with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined; stir in sour cream. Stir in cherries. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, lime juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon lime zest; drizzle onto cakes before serving. Garnish with cherries, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!