Since this recipe makes four Gingerbread Streusel Mini Loaves, share a few with friends while still enjoying one yourself.
Gingerbread Streusel Mini Loaves
Makes 4 (5-inch) loaves
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 21/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 4 (5-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- For bread: In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, allspice, and cloves. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spread batter into prepared pans.
- For topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, and cinnamon. Stir in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle topping onto batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes, loosely covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Baking Tip: The brown sugar, molasses, and spices turn this bread batter a brown color before baking, so it’s important to watch the loaves closely and cover with foil as needed so they do not burn.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!