Dish out this delicious Gingerbread Caramel Corn to get your friends and family in the mood for the holiday season.
Gingerbread Caramel Corn
Makes 8 quarts
Write a review
- 1 cup popcorn kernels, popped according to package directions
- 1½ cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1¼ teaspoons ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large roasting pan, place popped popcorn, discarding any unpopped kernels.
- In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar and next 6 ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda. Pour sugar mixture over popcorn, stirring until coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread in a single layer on wax paper. Let cool completely. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/