Ginger-Pickled Radishes are a great addition to your favorite sandwiches and salads.
Makes 2 pints
- 1 pound radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ pound daikon radishes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 (3-inch) sprigs fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Into 2 pint jars, evenly divide radishes, leaving ½-inch headspace. To each jar, add 1 teaspoon peppercorns, ½ teaspoon mustard seeds, 2 sprigs dill, 1 sliced garlic clove and half of sliced ginger.
- In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, 1 cup water, and next 2 ingredients over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and remove from heat.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over radish mixture in jars, leaving ½-inch headspace. Seal with lids, and refrigerate for at least 2 days before serving. Radishes will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!