These Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a yummy side dish.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a stockpot, place potatoes, and add cold water to cover by 1 inch; stir in 3 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well, and return to pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave half-and-half on HIGH for 20 seconds or until warm. Add half-and-half, butter, garlic, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt to potatoes. Mash with a potato masher until almost combined. Add sour cream, and mash to desired consistency.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!