A colorful medley of fresh mint, basil, orange, Granny Smith apple, English cucumber, blueberries, and strawberries mix to create a mouthwatering fruit salad.
Fruit Salad with Sweet Orange Dressing
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, cook ¼ cup water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and add mint sprigs. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes; discard mint.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mint syrup, vinegar, zest, and salt. Whisk in oil and basil. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter, and top with apple, cucumber, oranges, blueberries, and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!