Fruit Salad with Vanilla Bean Syrup
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped and reserved
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup banana slices
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla beans to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let cool completely; remove vanilla beans.
- In a large bowl, combine oranges and remaining 5 ingredients. Add vanilla syrup, stirring gently to combine. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/