This Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffing is a refreshing and appetizing light version of traditional stuffing.
Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffing
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups whole grain brown and wild rice mix*
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cups (½-inch) sourdough bread cubes
- 2 cups chopped fennel
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cook rice mix with onion according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3 ½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine rice mixture, bread cubes, and next 4 ingredients. Add broth and all remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- *We used Royal Blend Whole Grain Brown and Wild Rice.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/