Frozen White Chocolate–Strawberry Squares
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped sliced almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.3-ounce) packages instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Garnish: halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Gradually beat in flour until combined. Add almonds, beating until combined. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add strawberries in syrup, beating until combined. Stir in whipped topping. Spread strawberry mixture over prepared crust. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In another large bowl, beat pudding mix, cream, and sour cream with a mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread pudding mixture over strawberry mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before cutting into squares. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/