Frozen Margarita Squares
Makes about 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (3-ounce) packages lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: whipped topping, lime slice
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzels and sugar. Add melted butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin, boiling water, ice water, limeade concentrate, orange liqueur, tequila, lime zest, and orange zest, stirring to combine. Cover and chill until just beginning to set but still pourable. Stir in whipped topping. Pour mixture over cooled crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped topping and lime twist, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/