These Fried Ravioli Bites are full of cheesy flavor and perfect for dipping in marinara sauce.
Fried Ravioli Bites
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese ravioli, cooked according to package directions, drained well, and spread into a single layer on wax paper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta or marinara sauce, heated
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, whisk together milk and egg.
- Dip ravioli, one at a time, in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Dredge in bread crumb mixture, gently shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, pour oil to a depth of ½ inch, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°.
- Fry ravioli, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve with pasta sauce for dipping.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!