Fried okra salad may sound strange, but it just might be your new favorite way to eat okra.
Fried Okra Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1½ pounds frozen breaded okra, thawed and fried according to
- package directions
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, cook oil, sugar, and vinegar over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl, combine fried okra and remaining 4 ingredients. Pour vinegar mixture over okra mixture, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!