Fresh Corn and Rice Salad is the perfect side dish for your spring and summer cookouts.
Fresh Corn and Rice Salad
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1½ cups long-grain rice, cooked according to package directions
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spread cooked rice in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine corn and water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until corn is tender. Drain well. Set corn aside until cool enough to handle. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cob.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, and remaining ingredients, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!