This French Toast Panini will be every kid’s favorite breakfast-for-dinner sandwich. For a more grown up panini, substitute sausage or bacon for ham, and add sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion.
French Toast Panini
makes 5 sandwiches
Write a review
- 12 large eggs, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced Cheddar cheese
- ½ pound deli-sliced honey ham
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 8 eggs, milk, and salt until smooth.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.
- Place one slice cheese on 5 bread slices. Divide scrambled eggs, ham, and remaining cheese among bread, and cover with remaining bread.
- In a shallow dish, whisk remaining 4 eggs. Dip sandwiches in beaten egg, letting excess drip off.
- Grill sandwiches according to manufacturer’s instructions for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is toasted. Cut in half to serve.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!