These marshmallow pops are frightfully cute treats for Halloween.
Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops
Makes 12 pops
Write a review
- 24 large marshmallows
- 12 (6-inch) lollipop sticks
- 24 pretzel sticks
- 1 (14-ounce) package green candy melts
- ½ (14-ounce) package dark cocoa candy melts
- 1 (0.68-ounce) tube red decorating gel
- Place 2 large marshmallows onto each lollipop stick, allowing top marshmallow to overlap bottom marshmallow slightly (to form brow). Press pretzel sticks into both sides of top large marshmallow.
- Melt green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, for approximately 1½ minutes, or until candy is melted and smooth.
- Using lollipop stick as handle, dip prepared marshmallows into melted green candy, and roll to coat marshmallows. Allow candy to dry.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt dark cocoa candy melts on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, for approximately 1 minute, or until candy is melted and smooth. Dip top end of prepared marshmallows in dark cocoa candy melts. Pipe on eyes, stitches, mouth, or other decoration, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
- Candy melts can be purchased at many craft stores or at wilton.com. Use a Styrofoam base, which can be bought at craft stores, to anchor pops while they dry. Pops can also be stuck through the bottom of an upside down Styrofoam cups.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/