These pillow-soft yeast rolls will practically melt in your mouth.
Fluffy Yeast Rolls
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package instant yeast
- 5 to 6 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Coarse salt (optional)
- In a small saucepan, cook milk, ¾ cup water, butter, sugar, and salt on medium heat until butter is melted and mixture registers 120° to 130° on an instant-read thermometer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whisk together yeast and flour. Add milk mixture and egg, and beat on low speed until a dough forms. Switch to the dough hook attachment, and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 4 to 6 times. Divide dough into 18 equal portions, and shape each portion into a ball with your hands. Place dough balls on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet; cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°), until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until rolls are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Serve warm.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!