A 15.8-ounce can of field peas with snaps, rinsed and drained well, can be swapped for the cooked frozen peas with snaps.
Field Peas with Snaps Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen field peas with snaps, cooked according to package directions and drained well
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and sugar until dissolved. Stir in all remaining ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!