Fettuccine and fresh zucchini ribbons partner up for a wholesome and satisfying spring pasta.
Fettuccine with Zucchini Ribbons
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ⅓ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup roughly chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeño
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium or 3 small zucchini
- ½ (16-ounce) package fettuccine
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place first 8 ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Place herb mixture in a large, shallow serving bowl.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips from zucchini to make ribbons. Cut strips in half lengthwise. Add zucchini to serving bowl.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, and immediately add to zucchini and herb mixture in bowl, tossing to coat.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!