Everyday Mac and Cheese
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups 1% cottage cheese, puréed
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded 2% sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and kept warm
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8 (8-ounce) baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Sprinkle with flour and red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Add to broth mixture, stirring until cheeses melt. Stir in elbow macaroni. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dishes. Sprinkle with panko, and spray panko with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/