These Eggstra Special Sugar Cookies are a delectable Easter treat.
Eggstra Special Sugar Cookies
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Decorations: decorating icing, writing icing, jelly beans, sparkling sugar*
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Wrap dough in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ¼-inch thickness. Using various 3½- to 4-inch Easter-themed cookie cutters, cut out dough. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies as desired, and let stand until set. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- *We used Wilton Cookie Icing, Cake Mate Writing Icing, Betty Crocker Decorator Icing, and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!