This Zucchini and Squash Casserole is so easy to put together.
Easy Zucchini and Squash Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 cups (1⁄4 inch thick) sliced yellow squash
- 6 cups (1⁄4 inch thick) sliced zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (1⁄4 inch thick) sliced yellow onion
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together squash, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Arrange half squash and zucchini in a single layer in prepared pan. Top with half of onion, and sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layers, top with crushed crackers, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until golden brown.
Click here for 24 more easy family meal recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!