This easy roast turkey recipe is one you’ll make again and again.
Easy Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy
Write a review
- 1 (8- to 10-pound) fresh or thawed frozen turkey
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large roasting pan with aluminum foil, and place roasting rack in pan.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey, and tie legs together using butcher’s twine. Place turkey on roasting rack, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup butter, 1 tablespoon each sage and rosemary, salt, and pepper; rub butter mixture all over turkey.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, basting with 1 cup stock every 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into breast registers 165°. Remove from oven, and let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer turkey to a serving platter, and keep warm. Strain pan juices through a fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, for 3 minutes. Whisk in pan juices and remaining stock. Cook, whisking frequently, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon each sage and rosemary. Serve gravy warm with turkey.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/