This Easy Classic Chili is a delicious mixture of slow-cooked ground chuck, tomatoes, kidney beans, sweet onions, and bell peppers. Complete this meal by serving it with a side of cornbread or crackers.
Easy Classic Chili
Makes 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1.75-ounce) packet chili seasoning
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, salt, and pepper, and cook until browned and crumbly; drain well.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, stir together cooked beef, tomatoes, beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and seasoning until well combined. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with toppings.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!