There is nothing like the comfort of enjoying a hearty helping of cheesy chicken casserole for a quick weeknight meal.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⅓ cups uncooked whole-grain brown rice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat chicken broth.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, and rice. Add hot chicken broth, 1 cup cheese, soup, sour cream, and salsa, stirring to combine. Stir in chicken. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, and bake for 15 to 25 minutes longer or until center is set and cheese is golden brown.
Click here for 24 more easy family meal recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!