This easy baked beans recipe is foolproof, we promise.
Easy Baked Beans
Write a review
- 5 (15.5-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup firmly packed dark
- brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, stir together all ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Uncover and cook for 2 hours more or until sauce is thickened. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Bean mixture can also be baked in a 13x9-inch baking dish at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/