Give leftover candy new life with festive sprinkle cake.
Easter Candy Sheet Cake
Serves: 1 (13x9-inch) cake
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white cake mix with sprinkles
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnish: candy-coated chocolate eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9- inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- For cake: Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting buttermilk for water and melted butter for oil and adding egg whites.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For frosting: In a large bowl, beat butter with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- In another large bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and cocoa. Gradually add sugar mixture, milk, and vanilla to butter, beating until fluffy and light in color, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread frosting on top of cake. Garnish with chocolate eggs, if desired.