This pretty Easter Almond Cake is perfect for your holiday menu.
Easter Almond Cake
Makes 1 (8-inch) cake
Write a review
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box super-moist white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: sweetened flaked coconut, jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, milk, oil, and almond extract at low speed with a mixer just until combined. Increase speed to medium, and beat for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl. Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Store cooled cake layers wrapped in heavy-duty plastic wrap in the freezer up to 1 month.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and lemon juice at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- To frost cake, place one cake layer on a cake platter or serving platter; spread frosting between layers and on sides and top of cake. Garnish with coconut and jelly beans, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!