Use leftover dressing from the holidays to make delicious Dressing-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
Dressing-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Makes 4 servings
- 2½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2½ cups prepared dressing
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until just soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in dressing and egg white.
- Place mushrooms on prepared pan; brush with remaining 1½ tablespoons oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon dressing mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake until melted, about 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!