The Dill Cheese Straws are just the right size for snacking.
Dill Cheese Straws
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cheese, dill, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, and red pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter and eggs. Gently stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead 3 to 4 times. Roll dough into a 12-inch square, about ¼ inch thick. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut dough in half vertically; you should have 2 (12x6-inch) rectangles. Cut each dough piece horizontally into ¾-inch-wide strips; you should have 32 (6x¾-inch) strips. Transfer dough strips to prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!