These Dijon-Chive Yeast Rolls are full of flavor from fresh chives and Dijon mustard.
Dijon-Chive Yeast Rolls
Makes 2 dozen
- 1½ cups warm milk (105° to 110°), divided
- ⅓ cup sugar, divided
- 1 (¼ -ounce) package active dry yeast
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 5 cups bread flour
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup warm milk, 1 teaspoon sugar, and yeast; let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter, next 4 ingredients, remaining 1 cup milk, and remaining sugar with mixer at low speed until combined. Add yeast mixture, beating until combined. Gradually beat in flour until a soft dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough, and knead until smooth and elastic. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray, and place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85º) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough, and cut into fourths. Cut each portion into 18 pieces. Roll each dough piece into a ball. Place 3 dough balls in each muffin cup. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85º) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes; serve warm.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!