Enjoy the flavor of deviled eggs in a new way–spread over your favorite cracker or pita chips.
Deviled Egg Spread
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pita chips or crackers
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add prosciutto and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, next 8 ingredients, and prosciutto mixture. Using a potato masher, mash mixture to desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Serve with pita chips.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!