Crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, these Deep Fried Pork Chops will delight the folks around the supper table.
Deep Fried Pork Chops
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork chops (1 inch thick)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- Into a 13x9-inch baking dish, pour buttermilk. Add pork chops, turning to coat.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a candy or frying thermometer registers 350°. In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and chipotle chile powder.
- Working in batches, drain pork chops, and dredge in flour mixture. Carefully add to hot oil. Fry for 8 to 9 minutes or until chops are golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!