These easy, delicious Deep-Fried Cornmeal-Breaded Pork Chops are a must-have for your recipe box.
Deep-Fried Cornmeal-Breaded Pork Chops
Makes 6 servings
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1½ cups stone-ground cornmeal
- ½ cup quick-cooking grits
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 6 pork loin rib chops
- Preheat oven to 200°. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 4 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together cornmeal, grits, garlic salt, kosher salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, place buttermilk. Dip pork chops in buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Dredge in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
- Fry chops, two at a time, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°, 6 to 8 minutes. Place on prepared rack, and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!