These tasty Cuban Reubens are stacked with roast beef and pork, sauerkraut, Havarti cheese, Dijon mustard, and dill pickles. Serve them with a side of chips for a quick weeknight meal.
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 12 slices swirled rye sandwich bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast pork
- 1 (32-ounce) jar refrigerated sauerkraut, drained well
- 1 (16-ounce) jar dill pickle stackers, drained
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients. Spread mayonnaise mixture onto one side of each bread slice, and top each bread slice with 1 slice cheese. Top half of bread slices with beef, pork, kraut, and pickle slices; cover with remaining bread slices, cheese side down. Spread both sides of each sandwich with butter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches, covered, for 4 minutes per side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/