Crunchy Wild Rice and Fig Salad is a great addition to any fall gathering.
Crunchy Wild Rice and Fig Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1(6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix*
- ¼ cup Fig Preserves (recipe precedes)
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup diced fresh Black Mission figs
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach
- Cook rice according to package directions, reserving seasoning mix for another use. Let cool until slightly warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Fig Preserves, vinegar, oil, salt, and mustard. Stir in rice, tomatoes, figs, and pecans until well combined. Stir in spinach, and serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!