Serve this Crunchy Nutty Granola with yogurt and fresh fruit to have a healthy morning meal.
Crunchy Nutty Granola
Makes about 5½ cups
Write a review
- ⅓ cup flaxseeds
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 300º. In the work bowl of a food processor, process flaxseeds for 3 to 5 minutes or until coarsely ground.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and next 3 ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for 6 to 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine ground flaxseeds, oats, and next 5 ingredients. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, tossing well to coat. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes. Stir in coconut flakes. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until granola is lightly browned. Spoon granola in a single layer on wax paper and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To prepare Crunchy Nutty Granola as a take-home favor for 12 guests, make the recipe four times.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/