Enjoy this tasty Crunchy Garlic Bread with your favorite salads, pastas, and more.
Crunchy Garlic Bread
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 (16-ounce) loaves Italian five-grain bread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices, cutting to but not through bottom of loaves.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter and all remaining ingredients. Spread butter mixture on cut side of each bread slice, being careful not to separate slices from bottom of loaves. Place bread directly on oven rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is browned and crisp. Serve warm.
Kitchen Tip: This garlic butter mixture can be used for a variety of other things, as well. Spread it on sandwiches to pep up cold cuts, toss it with hot pasta, add it to a baked potato, or put a dollop of it on a sizzling steak.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!