Crunchy Butter Sticks
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cheese, and sugar. Gradually stir in milk until combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 10 times.
- Roll dough to a 13x9-inch rectangle. Cut dough in half lengthwise, and cut each half vertically into 1-inch-wide strips. Roll strips in melted butter in prepared pan, and arrange in a single layer in pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes; serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/