Croissant French Toast with Sweet Pear Topping
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 10 tablespoons pear preserves
- 10 croissants, halved horizontally
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pear preserves between each croissant. Arrange croissants in a single layer in prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until well combined, and pour over croissants. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover baking dish, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pears and cranberries; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until pears are tender. Add brown sugar and pecans; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm with french toast.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/