These giant beer-battered Crispy Fried Onion Rings with Chipotle Ketchup are a comforting treat!
Crispy Fried Onion Rings with Chipotle Ketchup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large onions, sliced ½ inch thick and rings separated
- Chipotle Ketchup (recipe follows)
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 4 inches. Heat to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Add beer and eggs, whisking until smooth. Working in batches, dip about 5 onion rings in mixture, letting excess drip off. Carefully place onions in hot oil.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings. Serve immediately with Chipotle Ketchup.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!