This Crisp Radish, Corn, and Citrus Salad makes a great accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.
Crisp Radish, Corn, and Citrus Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped radishes (about ¾ pound)
- 1½ cups peeled and chopped jicama
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Spray corn with nonstick cooking spray. Place corn on grill pan, and cook, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside until cool enough to touch. Cut kernels from cobs; discard cobs, and set corn aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice and next 5 ingredients. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until combined. Add corn, radishes, and remaining ingredients, tossing to coat.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!