These buttery Crescent Rolls are a yummy addition to any family meal.
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (¼-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup warm water (105° to 110°)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 to 6 cups bread flour, divided
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium-low heat just until bubbles form around edges of pan. Remove from heat, add butter, cover, and let stand until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together yeast, sugar, and ¼ cup warm water; let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, salt, and milk mixture with a mixer at medium-low speed until combined. Add yeast mixture, beating until combined. Gradually add 4 cups bread flour, beating until smooth. Beat in enough remaining bread flour to make a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough, and knead for 6 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray, and place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough, and divide in half. Roll one portion to a 15-inch circle. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 12 triangles. Starting at long end, roll up each triangle, and shape into a crescent. Place crescents 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 1 hour or until crescents are doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes; serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!