There’ s nothing quite like savory smoked sausage with Creole red beans and rice. This easy to prepare and delicious meal will fill everyone up at the supper table.
Creole Red Beans and Rice
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package smoked sausage, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, broth, green onion, parsley, Creole seasoning, and chili powder, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Stir in hot sauce to taste. Serve with rice.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!