This Creole version of potato salad is an easy and delicious side dish.
Creole Potato Salad
Serves: 8 to 10
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1- to 1¼-inch pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) package andouille sausage, sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup prepared rémoulade sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cook until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes, and let cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together rémoulade, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir in potatoes, sausage, vegetables, and parsley until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!