Indulge in these sweet Creamy Pumpkin Squares studded with pecans.
Creamy Pumpkin Squares
Makes about 24 bars
Write a review
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, butter, chopped pecans, and 1 egg. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 3 eggs at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Beat in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until mixture is smooth. Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!