Satisfy your cravings for the Creamsicle pops you loved as a child with a refreshing bite of this cool pie.
Creamy Orange Sherbet Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
- 1½ cups pretzel crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 pint orange sherbet, thawed
- 1 orange, zested
- Garnish: orange zest curls
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pretzel crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 container whipped topping, sherbet, and zest until combined. Spread into prepared crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Dollop remaining whipped topping onto pie, and garnish with orange curls, if desired. Serve immediately.
Kitchen Tip: You’ll need about 3 cups of pretzel sticks for 1½ cups of pretzel crumbs.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!