Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is a classic comfort food that is sure to please your tastebuds and keep you warm.
Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups crinkle cut carrots
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons dried tarragon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) box low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package whole-grain brown ready rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Garnish: sliced almonds
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add flour, tarragon, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add broth and cream; cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soup is thickened.
- Add chicken, rice, and peas; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/